PWHAT Trail Etiquette
- PWHAT is a family oriented riding group; therefore appropriate language and behavior is expected. No alcoholic beverages will be allowed.
- Follow the designated trail leader who will ride at an appropriate speed for the whole group. The leader will let you know of any dangers seen on the trail, and riders will pass the message on to those behind them.
- If you want to pass a fellow rider, please let them know that you plan to pass.
- Maintain about 10 feet between horses. If your horse kicks, be sure to tie a red ribbon on the tail.
- Be courteous to those hiking on the trail; some may be afraid of horses. Horses may also be afraid of hikers, so be sure to control your horse around hikers.
- Remember that uphill traffic has the right of way on the trail.
- If you need help, just ask, and we will be glad to assist you.
- Return to the trailers at a walk.
Safety for you and your horse is our priority!!